Fort Forward is a citizen advisory committee that was organized in 2021. It is an advisory council organized to make recommendations to District administration. This committee is a broad-based group of volunteers overseen by the Assistant Superintendent of Education Services and the Director of Public Relations.
The mission is to facilitate communication, advise and partner with the Superintendent and community to ensure a successful and innovative school system that maximizes each student’s potential.
We welcome involvement and opinions from the community. Our challenge has been to offer recommendations which are fiscally sound and prudent, but also reflect this community’s vision for education. These are exciting and challenging times for education and Fort Forward! We welcome the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the community. We will continue in our role as communicators and update you on our progress and solicit your assistance as we move forward.
Fort Forward is responsible for:
- District Comprehensive School Improvement Plan development and oversight
- Provide input on courses offered at Fort Osage High School
- Providing feedback on District programs and initiatives
- Being a valued part of progress monitoring
- Provide recommendations for funds spent on resources and programs
- Make recommendations in support of enhancing learning opportunities and environments
- Advocate for issues vital to the success of schools, youth and families
If you have any questions about Fort Forward, please contact:
Mrs. Emily Cross, Assistant Superintendent for Education Services
email@example.com or 816-650-7014
Mrs. Stephanie Smith, Director of Public Relations
firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-650-7019
Fort Forward meets three to five times annually from 6:30-8:00 p.m. The group may meet more frequently depending on project needs.
Meeting Dates for the 2023-2024 school year are:
- September 20, 2023
- November 7, 2023
- February 5, 2024
- April 25, 2024
Applications for candidates to become Fort Forward members are considered during the summer prior to the academic year in which they would like to begin serving. By submitting an application you are agreeing to attend the above meetings.