Together with parents and the community we prepare all students to be successful in life.
The Fort Osage School District will achieve its mission through:
A Safe and Orderly Environment:
- The staff takes responsibility to maintain a safe and respectful learning environment.
- The staff fosters trust with the community by exhibiting integrity and ethical behavior and providing sound fiscal management at all times.
- District facilities are updated to reflect the emerging needs of students, staff and community.
A Climate of High Expectations:
- Students, staff and families share the belief that success is attainable for all learners through persistence and effort.
- The school community fosters innovative practices to ensure that students are prepared to be 21st Century learners.
- Staff and students take responsibility to establish, monitor and attain personal achievement goals.
- Students are motivated to achieve mastery through multiple opportunities to demonstrate their understanding.
- A collaborative culture across the district ensures trust and values ongoing improvement in all areas.
Effective Instructional Leadership:
- Staff, students and family members are empowered to develop and share their leadership skills.
- The staff collaborates within each area and across the district to ensure that students benefit from the greatest collective expertise.
- Professional conversations are focused on instruction and student achievement, and build shared understanding of student success.
- Professional development is ongoing and developed to meet the specific needs of a diverse, highly qualified and dedicated staff.
Focused Time on Task and Opportunities to Learn:
- Systems are in place to differentiate instruction and support all students in achieving mastery of the most important standards.
- Curricular standards are clear to staff, students, and parents and define what students need to know and be able to do.
- Educational leaders ensure that instructional time is protected from non-essential interruptions
- The district seeks and maintains effective and relevant programs to meet the unique educational needs of students.
- Students have frequent opportunities to use a variety of technological and traditional resources to create meaningful learning and grow as problem-solvers.
Frequent Monitoring of Student Progress
- The staff effectively utilizes standards and assessments which are closely aligned to state and national expectations.
- Standards-based grading practices guide instruction and pinpoint areas in which students need intervention or enrichment.
- The staff understands and uses technology to monitor student progress, provide immediate feedback, and foster effective partnerships with families.
- Each student develops specific goals that are self -monitored and reflected upon frequently.
Strong Home, School and Community Relations:
- The district builds trust through pro-active and effective communication among staff, students, parents, and the community to ensure student success.
- The staff partners with community organizations to meet the personal and academic needs of students and families.
- The staff engages in collaborative processes to facilitate shared decision making.