Summer School 2020
2020 Summer School Information
June Summer School
Due to ongoing restrictions, the June summer school program will be limited to a few online high school courses, including credit recovery. Students need to contact their counselor to enroll.
July Summer School
The district is planning to offer face-to-face summer school in July if state and county health and safety guidelines allow. This is an extremely unstable time so several parts of the plan will need to be finalized closer to July. With that in mind, we would like to share the following information:
- Summer Academy will be held for K-12 students from July 6 to July 24, Monday - Friday for four hours each day.
- If students have already enrolled, they will be contacted by their building administrator this week to make sure they still want to attend.
- If students have not already enrolled, they may do so from May 18 through May 22.
- Summer school availability and locations will be determined based upon enrollment and communicated in early June.
- The Fort Discovery Summer Childcare Program will be available for all Rising Kindergarten through Rising 6th graders enrolled in the Fort Osage Summer Academy.
- Transportation will not be provided for students unless it is identified as a related service on their IEP.
Kindergarten specific information:
- All incoming kindergarteners need to register for the 2020-2021 school year. Families can register for kindergarten on the district website at https://www.fortosage.net. The kindergarten enrollment form includes a place to indicate whether or not the student will be attending Summer Academy.
- Families who have already completed kindergarten enrollment and are interested in attending Summer Academy should contact their child’s school to notify them.
Thank you in advance for your patience and flexibility as we strive to provide our students, staff, families, and community with a quality and effective summer school experience in a safe and healthy environment.
The handbooks below contain enrollment instructions: