Summer School 2020
July 2020 Summer School
The district is offering in-person summer school July 6 - 24. As a reminder, transportation will not be provided.
All K-4 summer schools will operate from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., with Fort Discovery available before and after for families who enroll. Following are the locations for rising K-4 students. If the building your child was assigned creates a hardship for your family you may request one of the other two summer school locations by contacting 816-650-7016 to request this change.
- Buckner Elementary - Buckner students
- Cler-Mont Elementary - Cler-Mont and Indian Trails students
- Elm Grove Elementary - Elm Grove and Blue Hills students
Rising 5th through 8th grade summer school will be located at Fire Prairie Upper Elementary. This location will operate from 7:45 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Rising 9th through 12th grade summer school will be located at the high school. This location will operate from 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Summer School Safety Measures
Per the updated Jackson County guidelines released on June 30, we have revised our Summer Academy Guidelines.
- K-8, class sizes will be limited to 15 students and 1 teacher.
- 9-12, social distancing will be emphasized.
- Assemblies will not be permitted.
- Visitors to the school and to the classroom will not be permitted.
- Schools will be closed to visitors.
- Students who arrive late or need to be checked out once school has started will be met at the front door by a staff member.
- Handwashing and infection prevention instruction will be required and taught to students.
- Student and staff face coverings are required. Parents and staff are asked to provide their own mask or one will be provided.
- Administrators should ensure that required meetings take place in large areas where staff can spread out to social distance.
- Drinking fountains without bottle refill mechanisms will be closed. Students are encouraged to bring water bottles.
- Intensified cleaning procedures will occur in all rooms and high traffic areas on a daily basis.
- Staff will ensure that students do not share technology devices.
Summer School Supplies
Students will need to bring their own school supplies to summer school.
Summer School Food Service Program
Fort Osage has qualified for the Summer Food Service Program sponsored by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Service. This means that all students in attendance will receive FREE breakfast and FREE lunch during summer school.
Due to smaller class sizes, enrollment is now closed but your child can be added to the wait list by contacting their home school. Parents/guardians of students on the wait list will be contacted if a class opening becomes available for their child.