- PRACTICE wearing a mask at home -- increasing time up-to 6 hours a day.
- Mandatory facial coverings or masks are required for all students and staff when in the buildings, and on the bus.
- Facial coverings may be removed during outdoor activities, physical conditioning, consuming food or beverage, or when seeing the mouth is essential for learning or communicating.
- Students and staff should perform daily temperature and symptom checks each morning AT HOME. Anyone with a fever greater than 100.4 should stay home.
- Any student or staff experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms prior to loading the bus or reporting to work or school should stay home.
- Students experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should notify the building nurse.
> Students will be sent home with 1 severe symptoms OR 2 or more mild/moderate symptoms.
- New Cough
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
- Mild and moderate symptoms
- Body ache
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion/runny nose
- Health services will evaluate students and staff showing COVID -19 symptoms.
- Student/staff EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS will be sent home and will not be allowed to return until fever-free without medications for 24 hours AND 10 days have passed since symptoms appeared, OR by presenting a physician's note for return to school/work.
- Students and staff TESTING POSITIVE must be fever free without medications for 24 hours AND symptoms improved AND 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared OR by presenting a physician’s note for return to school/work.
- Students and staff exposed to a person testing positive should self-quarantine for 14 days from last exposure.
- Students should bring a refillable water bottle to drink water during the day. The straw type with a closing lid is prefered. Please wash the water bottle every night.
- Bring an extra mask in case one gets dirty or wet during the day,
- Wash masks nightly.
- Get adequate sleep a night:
- Elementary 10-12 hours a night
- Middle/High School 8-10 hours
- Eat healthy!!!
- Kids need to go outside and PLAY!
- The district will protect confidentiality, but will share confirmed cases of COVID-19 with individuals having direct contact and with the Jackson County Health Department.
- Students and staff testing positive should report this information to the building health room and follow positive test protocols.