Blue Hills' Clubs
Art Club is a volunteer group for 4th grade
- Students gets extra opportunities for advanced projects
- Students have an opportunities to collaborate with friends outside their class
- Students are considered leaders in crafting art for the building and for special community events
- Students received more personal coaching from Mrs. Leach
The group signs up at the beginning of the year and only the first 20 students who sign up can join. Students are required to write a letter of purpose for joining and need to pay a $20 material fee that pays for their shirt and materials. The group meets Thursday mornings at 8:00am (doors open at 7:50).
For more information contact Lacy Leach at firstname.lastname@example.org
LINC is a strong supporter of chess.
Blue Hills will have chess this year on Tuesday and Wednesdays after school.
Blue Hills will also house an evening chess club for students Grade 2 - 12 on Tuesdays from 5:30 - 7 pm.
Come enjoy the fun of learning how to play chess!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mr. Ken at 650-7525.
Lego club is a group of 3rd and 4th graders that meets after school on Mondays.
- Students work on problem solving with Legos as a tool
- Students get creative build time
- Students work collaboratively as a group to build larger projects such as a Lego city
For more information contact Monica Shane at email@example.com
The Blue Hills Mathletes is a math club for the 1st and 2nd grade groups and the third and fourth graders. These two groups meet each week to learn, challenge themselves, and have fun doing math. The students are proud of being Mathletes. They have a visible love for math and an increased level of confidence because of their membership in the Blue Hills Mathletes. The Mathletes meet on Wednesdays at 8 am. For more information, contact:
Mrs. Bennett (1st grade) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Hall (2nd grade) email@example.com
Mrs. Summitt (3rd and 4th grades) firstname.lastname@example.org
Top Dog Choir
Top Dog Choir is the auditioned group of 3rd and 4th graders that performs:
- A community Holiday concert with the Ancora Chorale
- Perform carols and entertainment at the Blue Hills' Santa's Workshop
- Sings The Star Spangled Banner at the Mavericks Hockey game.
The choir meets Tuesdays from 8:00 am to 8:45am by the gym doors. For more information, contact Mr. Gearke at Ngearke@fortosage.net