BH Parent Teacher Organization
A Word From The President
Thanks for stopping by. PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. We are a non-profit organization run by parents
just like YOU! Our purpose is to support and enrich the school environment at Blue Hills for all students and staff.
PTO Hosts Events Such As:
- Field Trips
- Trunk Or Treat
- Santa’s Workshop
- Fun Day
We meet once a month on the 1 st Monday of the month. If for some reason school is out on Monday, we will meet on
that Tuesday. Meetings are held in the Blue Hills Library. Check out our Facebook page for times as they will alternate
between 5:30 pm and 4:30 pm. Come join us!
If you are a parent or friend of Blue Hills, the Blue Hills PTO Facebook page is a must. It is a great place to post a
question, get information about events, and stay connected. You will be asked to answer two simple questions to join.
How Can You Be Involved
- Membership – All of your $5 membership goes directly to fund events and projects for the students and staff.
This is one of the biggest ways you (and spouses, grandparents, aunts, uncles and more) can support Blue Hills
PTO. Your membership is not a commitment to volunteer or attend meetings (although we welcome that).
- Volunteer – All events rely on volunteers. Whether you can volunteer one hour or all day, we need volunteers.
- Fundraisers – Because events cost money (and we like to provide FREE events), help with fundraisers. Encourage
your child to participate in the Fall and Spring fundraisers (Club’s Choice and the Apex Fun Run)
If you are interested in helping us out in any way, have a special talent, or a connection you can share, please feel free to
call or email me.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Beth Price, PTO President
2018-2019 Board Members
Vice President: Shannah Allen
Treasurer: Brenna Novack
Secretary: Tracy Reynolds
3 rd Vice President / Fundraising: Ashley Weimeyer
Parliamentarian: Allison Friedrich
2019-2020 Schedule of Events (tentative)
12 Back to School Night
9-13 Book Fair
10 - Dairy Queen
12 - Grandparents Day (lunch with your grandchild at school and root beer
floats in the evening) 4:30-6:30
7-11 Penny Wars????
28-31 Parent/Teacher Conference PTO provide dinner on…
Silent Auction during P/T conferences.
25 - Trunk-Or-Treat / pumpkin glow walk
11- 3rd Grade Veterans Concert 10:00am Blue Hills Gym
12 - Los Compos 5-9 pm
13 - Santa/Holiday Workshop
17- 4th grade concert 7:00 pm at PAC
23 - Jan 6 Winter Break
31 - Top Dog Performance at Mavericks’
11 - Chuck E. Cheese
11-21 Apex ReMix
2-6 - Book Fair
5 - 1st grade story musical 6:00 pm at BH Gym
10 - Culvers 5-8 pm
16-19 Parent/Teacher Conference PTO will provide dinner on...
20-27 Spring Break
14 - Los Compos 5-9 pm
27-May1 - Book Fair
30 - Popsicles with Pals
4-8 Staff Appreciation Week
15 - Kindergarten Grad 7:00 pm at PAC
Tentative Fun Day (depends on Snow Days)
Talent show TBA
4th grade send-off
20 Last Day of School (tentative)
The Purpose of the Blue Hills PTO is...
- to promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- to raise the standards of home life.
- to secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- to bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- to develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.