The Career and Technology Center offers you the opportunity to explore a potential career field while earning college credit, advanced certifications and new friendships. Students program robots, complete clinical rounds at a local hospital, build the addition to their own classroom and create ice cream out of liquid nitrogen. From Cerner to American Medical Response to the Kansas City Mavericks Hockey Team, our students work alonside professionals in the field and learn by doing.
Interested in learning more about your future at CTC? Connecting with us is easy!
For All Students
- Our Spring Open House is scheduled for Tuesday, February 8th with a snow day back-up date of Thursday, February 10th. Students and families of all ages are welcome to join us for a fun evening of activities and exploring our 20+ programs!
- Follow us on social media! Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @FOCTC.
- Mrs. Brown will be visiting with you in-person at your schools during the fall semester. She's excited to see you!
- Apply beginning Monday, November 29th! The link for our application will go live that day at 8 a.m.
- Mrs. Brown will be presenting in-person at your schools throughout the month of January.
- Submit your application between Monday, November 29th, 2021 and Sunday, February 13th, 2022. We will accept applications through the beginning of the Fall 2022 semester, but students who apply by February 13th receive additional points towards their application.
- We offer three senior-year programs: Entreprenurial Studies, Health Science Accelerated and Nail Tech.
- Most other CTC courses always accept applications from juniors for potential openings!
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Career and Technology Center. Enrollment is limited. We factor in grades, attendance, a letter of recommendation and the interview into our final decision.
Submit your 2022-2023 application!
Step 1: Complete the online application. The link will be available Monday, November 29th, 2021!
Step 2: Request a recommendation from one of your high school core teachers (math, English, science or history) or a Project Lead the Way instructor.
Step 3: Students will be notified for their high school counselor if they qualify for an interview. Interviews will be conducted at the student's high school during the day.
Sophomore and junior tours will be taking place the week of January 31st, 2022. Students and parents are also welcome to schedule in-person or virtual tours with Mrs. Brown between the hours of 8 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. the weeks of January 24th or February 7th. Don't forget, our Open House will be available to all on Tuesday, February 8th from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Schedule a private virtual tour with our Recruitment Coordinator, Mrs. Brown, via Calendly at https://calendly.com/mrsbrownfoctc/parent-q-a.
- Check out our YouTube channel for an inside look at CTC: https://bit.ly/FOCTCYouTube.
Tours are not available during holidays, weekends or during the summer break.