The Career and Technology Center offers you the opportunity to explore a potential career field while earning college credit, advanced certifications and new friendships. Students program robots, complete clinical rounds at a local hospital, build the addition to their own classroom and create ice cream out of liquid nitrogen. From Cerner to American Medical Response to the Kansas City Mavericks Hockey Team, our students work alonside professionals in the field and learn by doing.
Interested in learning more about your future at CTC? Connecting with us is easy!
For All Students
- Attend our annual Spring Open House on Wednesday, February 5th, 2020 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. If school is cancelled due to weather, our make-up day will be Thursday, February 6th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. All programs, including off-site programs like Nail Tech and Entrepreneurial Studies, will be at the CTC!
- Follow us on social media! Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @FOCTC.
- Attend the CTC Freshman Presentation at your high school in the fall.
- Attend the CTC Sophomore Presentation at your high school in January.
- Submit your application between Monday, December 2, 2019 and Sunday, February 9, 2020. We will accept applications through the beginning of the Fall 2020 semester, but students who apply by February 9th receive additional points towards their application.
- We offer two senior-year programs: Entreprenurial Studies and CTC Health Science.
- Most other CTC courses are two-year programs, but we always accept applications from juniors for potential openings!
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Career and Technology Center. Enrollment is limited. We factor in grades, attendance, a letter of recommendation and the interview into our final decision.
Submit your 2020-2021 CTC application today!
Step 1: Complete the online application. The link will be available the first week of December of 2019!
Step 2: Request a recommendation from one of your high school core teachers (math, English, science or history) or a Project Lead the Way instructor.
Step 3: Students will be notified for their high school counselor if they qualify for an interview. Interviews will be conducted at the student's high school during the day.
Prospective students and parents have several options for tours:
- School-day tour (anytime between 7:10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.)
- After hours tour (Mondays through Wednesdays between 2:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.)
Tours can be scheduled by contacting Mrs. Brown at rbrown @fortosage.net or 816-650-7251. Requests must be made at least a week in advance and are subject to availability.
Tours are not available during the month of January, holidays, weekends or during the summer break.