The Career and Technology Center offers you the opportunity to explore a potential career field while earning college credit, advanced certifications and new friendships. Students program robots, complete clinical rounds at a local hospital, build the addition to their own classroom and create ice cream out of liquid nitrogen. From Cerner to American Medical Response to the Kansas City Mavericks Hockey Team, our students work alonside professionals in the field and learn by doing.
Interested in learning more about your future at CTC? Connecting with us is easy!
For All Students
- Our Spring Open House and sophomore tours have been suspended for the 2020-2021 school year due to COVID-19 restrictions. Check out our YouTube channel at https://bit.ly/FOCTCYouTube.
- Follow us on social media! Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @FOCTC.
- Check out our CTC 9th Grade Video, available on YouTube at https://bit.ly/CTC9thGradeVideo.
- Apply now! Step One of our two-step application process is available at https://bit.ly/CTCApp2021-2022.
- Sophomores keep an eye out for the CTC 10th Grade Video from your counselors in January of 2021!
- Submit your application between Monday, November 30th, 2020 and Sunday, February 14th, 2021. We will accept applications through the beginning of the Fall 2021 semester, but students who apply by February 14th receive additional points towards their application.
- We offer three senior-year programs: Entreprenurial Studies, Health Science at CTC and Nail Tech.
- Most other CTC courses always accept applications from juniors for potential openings!
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Career and Technology Center. Enrollment is limited. We factor in grades, attendance, a letter of recommendation and the interview into our final decision.
Submit your 2021-2022 CTC application today!
Step 1: Complete the online application. The link will be available the first week of December of 2019!
Step 2: Request a recommendation from one of your high school core teachers (math, English, science or history) or a Project Lead the Way instructor.
Step 3: Students will be notified for their high school counselor if they qualify for an interview. Interviews will be conducted at the student's high school during the day.
Tours are suspended for the 2020-2021 school year due to COVID-19 restrictions. But we still have options to share CTC with you "in-person!"
- Schedule a private virtual tour with our Recruitment Coordinator, Mrs. Brown, via Calendly at https://calendly.com/mrsbrownfoctc/parent-q-a.
- Check out our YouTube channel for an inside look at CTC: https://bit.ly/FOCTCYouTube.
Tours are not available during holidays, weekends or during the summer break.