Putting graphic design skills to use and creating marketing materials for an animal shelter fundraiser. Collaborating with a real local company on their business launch. Filming a commercial, designing brochures and creating new logos. All of these are real activities done by our CTC Marketing students!
Marketing is available to Fort Osage 10th, 11th, and 12th graders. Marketing allows students to learn the principles of marketing as well as the understanding of the United States free enterprise system. These principles include promotion, selling, product/service planning, communication, economics and much more. DECA members have the opportunity to compete against students in other DECA organizations. Advanced sections are offered to further enhance a student's career interests.
College credit is available. Want to learn more? Make sure to watch our Marketing Program in action, as well as our other business program, on YouTube!
Career Opportunities & Average Salaries
Real Estate Agent - $52,860
P.R. Specialist - $60,640
Insurance Sales - $40,750
Market Research Analysis - $44,580
Sales Manager of Top Corporation - $62,317
Advertising and Promotional Manager - $78,250
*Data taken from the National Occupational Handbook
- Laptops and desktop computers for each student
- Computer lab with wireless networking
- Smartboard and projector
- Digital camer and video equipment
- State-of-the-art instructional software
- Fully operational store with products and equipment
- Use research to develop new products for a business
- Promote products through oral and written communication
- Understand the many functions of marketing
- Use computers to create advertisements and brochures
- Gain leadership skills through classroom and DECA activities
- Demonstrate steps of the sales process
- Participate in a fully operational student store